How does Rushey Green Practice Diversity?
HOLDERS OF THE INTERNATIONAL RIGHTS AWARD
The International School Award rewards schools that have shown a commitment
to embedding international awareness and understanding within their class or school.
The British Council encourages this by supporting schools in completing collaborative,
curriculum-based work with a number of international partner schools, involvement of the wider community.
The International School Award is available in 16 countries
and is well-regarded by school inspection bodies and ministries of education globally.
Our students gain:
- an increased knowledge, awareness and tolerance about other countries, cultures and languages,
- confidence in communicating with people from different backgrounds,
- more skills to successfully live and work in a global and mobile society,
- literacy skills when writing stories and letters for specifics audiences
- students begin to develop confidence with their foreign language skills.
''Participation, Empowerment and Action''
HOLDERS OF THE SILVER RIGHTS RESPECTING SCHOOL AWARD
Becoming a Rights Respecting School is about more than achieving specific criteria.
It is about embedding a child rights approach into all aspects of school life.
There are two conditions that we believe underpin RRSA success:
- Having the commitment needed to become a Rights Respecting School
- The resources in place to support this commitment