Rushey Green Parent/Carers support
Rushey Green School Association
RGSA is Rushey Green's parent teacher association. All parents and carers are automatically members when their child starts school and we are hoping for more parents and carers to become involved.RGSA has a long tradition of active involvement with the school arranging activities that have included: book fairs, cake sales, fêtes and various fund-raising events. The money raised is used to provide extras and special equipment for the children that would not be affordable from school finances due to the public government cuts to state funded education. The Association aims to engage with all families and our local community and embrace the cultural diversity to make our children’s learning experiences more fulfilling and exciting.
- We aim to develop effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school
- Arrange events and activities that raise funds for equipment and projects in school to enhance the education of all pupils and any extra facilities needed
- Organise social events for the enjoyment of the pupils, their families and the wider community. For example, we need volunteers for our summer fair. We need as many parents involved as possible, you do not need to give a lot of your time but anything you can do, however small would be much appreciated. It really is a case of ‘many hands make light work’. We’d love to hear from anyone who has any particular skills or knowledge they think would be useful or from anyone who has any ideas for events or fundraising ideas.
RGSA - Volunteering
One of the finest ways to get acquainted is through activity in the PTA.We have compiled the attached questionnaire to find out a bit more about you and the things that interest you. Tick your areas of interest and return to the box in reception.
Election 1st November 2019
Parents and carers wanting to self nominate should submit a personal statement by Monday 28th October, stating the role they are interested in and why they would be good in that role.
All nominations will be on display in the school reception.
• Provide leadership
• Get to know members of the committee
• Arrange meeting
• Write annual report in cooperation with the secretary
• Support Chair in providing leadership to the committee and deputies for the ChaIr when necessary in the organising and operation of the PTA
• Write up the minutes of meetings
• Prepare agendas, take notes during meetings
• Distribute minutes to all the committee
• Write the annual report with the chair
• Maintain the financial records
• Report income & expenditure at meetings
• Charity registration and Gift Aid
• Draw up the annual accounts
• Committee Members contribute ideas,help to organise events/ projects.
• They ensure good communication with the rest of the school encouraging participation and enthusiasm for the events organised by the RGSA.